Museum Village, located in Monroe, NY is seeking applicants for several Historical Interpreter positions. Interpreters help execute our school and educational programs and serve visitors to the museum through the interpretation of 19th-century history in the Hudson Valley.
- Lead groups and the general public on tours of the buildings
- Interpret individual buildings for school groups and/or events
- Conduct hands-on workshops for school programs
- Conduct off-site school outreach programs
- Help as needed with public events
Ideal candidates will have good public speaking skills, an interest in 19th-century American history, excellent customer service skills, and a passion for sharing knowledge with others.
Previous experience with children and/or experience in education would be helpful.
These are part-time seasonal positions
Ideal candidates will have open and flexible schedules. Evening and/or weekend work may be required.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.