The Museum’s volunteer program supports community involvement by providing supervised volunteer hours required by schools, religious programs and Eagle Scout projects. Volunteers play a vital role at Museum Village. Together they serve thousands of hours performing tasks that are necessary to fulfill the Museum’s mission to educate visitors. We are always looking for individuals who have a special skill or trade or just extra time. Schedules are flexible to meet the volunteer’s needs.
The Volunteer Experience
- Assist with our special event weekends such as Civil War Weekend and Christmas in the Village.
- Work in the curatorial department to help inventory collections, clean buildings and data entry.
- Become a member of the marketing and development department to prepare materials for mailings or assist to create to handouts and brochures.
- Work with our buildings and grounds crew to assist with general up keep of our buildings.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Free Admission to the Museum
- Educational Opportunities
- Access to Research Library
- The satisfaction of knowing you made a difference in an organization and that your work and knowledge is always appreciated.
To Volunteer, call 845-782-8248 or email Margaret Holmes